Tarot cards have surrounded our lives for over ages now. Tarot cards have been used by different people for varied reasons. Earlier Tarot cards had been developed as a means for fortune telling. Then, it became a tool for playing cards. Now, the cards are used for generating psychic readings. There are many people who are of the view that tarot card reading is a deception. But some people also believe that tarot cards give meaning to their lives and provide answers to the unknown questions. For some people, Tarot card reading is fun. Others try to get in touch with their inner spirit. Such people think that by reading Tarot cards one can direct their thoughts and thereby connect with the oneness of the universe.
With Tarot cards and its reading, there have been associated some myths, which are however, untrue. Let us know some interesting facts about Tarot cards.
1. It is often said that we should not purchase our own set of cards. Rather it should be gifted by someone else. This is one such myth that is untrue and that we all can buy our own deck of cards. This might have been a strategy of the old times to prevent its commercialization.
2. Another myth associated with tarot cards is that there is only one way of reading the card and that if not followed will have inaccurate results. However, this is false. Every person has a way of reading and interpreting the cards and doing so will not produce harmful results.
3. It is often observed that people conduct prayers and meditation and perform certain rituals to call upon the spirits. This is not incorrect. But it isn’t needed as well.
4. Another thing that we may see is people keep their cards in a certain place, wrap it in special designed cloth and also clean it with crystal and other things. Though this is not wrong, but doing this won’t bring any changes in the outcome of tarot card reading.
5. Some clients are told by their psychics that there is a certain manner of shuffling the cards. This is again incorrect way of practicing tarot card reading. There is no special way of shuffling the cards.
6. It is true that none of us know how Tarot works. While few experts believe that when the cards are rearranged the reader gets a psychic photograph of the client’s situation. Thus, the reader can then suggest various solutions which the client may try out.
7. Some religious parties are against the use of the tarot cards as reading of tarot cards is associated with divination. Thus, the use of tarot cards brings forth many debates.
Thus, tarot cards have been the topic of interest for many people and there are lot many amateurs practicing this for varied reasons.
I'm Anjali Dixit, a passionate blogger, I enjoy my work and believe there is always a lot to discover in the world of Internet. A foodie and love reading books. In my free time, I like to dive into various activities such as discovering something new, traveling to new places and hanging out with my friends.