Lets face it, no Pillsbury or Grands can even come close to comparing to some easy homemade biscuits. With them being so easy to make, their is no reason not to make them! Once prepared, they freeze well too!
What you’ll need:
-2 cups flour
-1 T. baking powder
-1/2 t. salt
-8 T COLD butter
-1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Slowly, add butter to the dry mixture.
3. Pour in the buttermilk until well combined.
4.Flour your surface area, and use well floured hands to pat the dough until about 1 inch thick.
5. Fold the dough itself several times, and again, pat it down until 1/2 thick this time.
6. Using a round cookie cutter, or glass cup, cut your your circular biscuit shapes.
7. Place Biscuits onto slightly greased pan and bake approx. 10 minutes, watching closely so they don’t over bake
After you take the biscuits out of the oven, let cool at least 10 minutes before serving. If you find that you have leftover biscuits, they freeze well, and the taste doesn’t change over time either!
Ashley is a stay at home mother who is an online freelance writer. She writes about a variety of topics from news stories, recipes, parenting and work from home projects. While this is Ashleys hobby, this is also her way of working from home independently.