Ohio’s Cedar Point amusement park released a CG mockup of its newest roller coaster Valravn Birdseye. Valravn Birdseye will be the tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster ever seen.
The Valravn Birdseye is Designed and built by Bolliger & Mabillard in Monthey, Switzerland. Valravn Birdseye is the 100th coaster that this firm has created. The coaster is said to claim ten different world records once it goes into operation next summer.
Valravn Birdseye will break the following 10 roller coaster records:
1. Tallest dive coaster (223 feet)
2. Fastest dive coaster (75 mph)
3. Longest dive coaster (3,415 feet)
4. Most inversions on a dive coaster (three)
5. Longest drop on a dive coaster (214 feet)
6. Highest inversion on a dive coaster (165 feet)
7. Most roller coasters taller than 200 feet at one amusement park (5)
8. Most rides at one amusement park (72)
9. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (52,125 feet/9.9 miles)
10. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,110 feet/11.4 miles)
Once in operation in 2016 it is set to claim other records, like most vomit produced, or most pocket change dumped onto the ground below. Tired of waiting till 2016 to have a ride? Cedar Point has created a first-person VR video of the ride that you can pan and zoom in your browser, or watch using a VR headset through their downloadable app.