Pineapple Bacon Upside Down Cake
This recipe combines some of my favorite foods, pineapple, bacon and cake!
- 1 box cake mix, I used yellow
- 20 oz. can pineapple rings, drained
- 1 lb. bacon
- 4 Tblsp. maple syrup
- Prepare cake mix batter according to instructions on box. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until slightly crisp but still flexible. (it'll continue cooking in the oven) Drain bacon.
- Lightly grease 2 - 9 inch cake pans.
- Put a layer of pineapple rings in each pan. (use all the rings)
- Layer bacon on top of pineapple, dividing equally between both pans.
- Drizzle 2 Tblsp. maple syrup over bacon in each pan.
- Pour cake batter equally in each pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Each of the ingredients complement the others for a nice layer of flavors.
- I used a cake mix rather than making a cake from scratch and it turned out very well!
- You can also make this in one 13 x 9 inch pan or cupcakes. You’ll need to adjust the baking time for that.
Daily Two Cents http://dailytwocents.com/